Periodic xl watchdog timeouts on 6.2-RELEASE

Brian J. Conway bconway at clue4all.net
Mon Mar 12 02:15:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:57:59 -0500
"Brian J. Conway" <bconway at clue4all.net> wrote:

> > I had exactly the same problem in my acpi-blacklisted motherboard. I
> > disabled acpi and the errors vanished. In my case, this error was not
> > related with NICs, but exclusively with the motherboard.
>
> Interesting.  I hadn't thought of that, but I am using ACPI now where I
> was not on 4.x.  I'll give that a try next time it happens.  I would
> have hoped the motherboard would be up to par (Intel D845GVSR with the
> latest BIOS -
> http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D845GVSR/index.htm), but maybe
> not.  Thanks.
>
> (Sorry for the bad threading, I'm off list and copying off the web
> archive.)
>
> Brian J. Conway

No luck, got the first timeout shortly (25 min) after boot without ACPI,
again while mostly idle and I'm not able to repeat it more than once a day
or so:

Mar 12 01:49:19 imogen kernel: xl0: watchdog timeout
Mar 12 01:49:19 imogen kernel: xl0: link state changed to DOWN
Mar 12 01:49:21 imogen kernel: xl0: link state changed to UP

Any other ideas?  Original post, for reference:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-March/144227.html

-b