Mounting into a jail

Troy Schultz freebsd at untoldfaith.com
Fri Mar 9 22:10:55 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am running FreeBSD 6.2.

I am currently mounting a smb share and then remounting the smb mount
into a jail with nullfs.

/etc/fstab
# smbfs mount
# local mount
/path/to/smb/mount	/path/to/jail/directory	nullfs	rw,late	0	0

The main reason I am using this jail is for a webserver and I need to
have
the web developer be able to write to this samba share

I originally tried mounting in fstab the smb share like this
however, this did not work so I ended up making the share point owned
by the
user and group www this took care of it but I was wondering if there
was a
better way to do this as far as passing through to a jail and maybe
getting
the uid to actually work from within the fstab file.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Troy