Help needed syncing Palm Treo 650 with FreeBSD

Harrison Peter CSA BIRKENHEAD PETER.HARRISON at DWP.GSI.GOV.UK
Fri Mar 9 12:25:35 UTC 2007

>Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 07:24:40 +0100
>From: Aniruddha <mailing_list at planet.nl>
>Subject: Help needed syncing Palm Treo 650 with FreeBSD
>To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
>
>I am trying to get my Palm Treo sync with Jpilot. Unfortunately so far
>without results :-( . Who can help me with this? Here's what I tried so far:
>
>Added this line to etc/usbd.conf just above the fallthrough entry:
>/
>device "Palm"
>       devname  "ucom[0-9]*"
>       attach "chmod 0666 /dev/ucom* /dev/ttyU* /dev/cuaU*"/
>
>/kldload ucom
>kldload uvisor
>/
>Filled in this 'adress' in jpilot:
>
>//dev/ttyU0/

You may want to check out devfs.rules(5) for changing permissions on hotplug devices.

That said, I do use a similar entry in usbd.conf to spawn pppd when I connect my Tungsten E. With that I find I need to add a "sleep 2;" to the beginning of the 'attach' line or the following command fails because the device nodes aren't set up quickly enough.

HTH.

Peter Harrison

This document is strictly confidential and is intended only for use by the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or other
action taken in reliance of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those of the Department
for Work and Pensions.
If you have received this transmission in error, please use the reply function to tell us
and then permanently delete what you have received.
Please note: Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for compliance
with our policy on the use of electronic communications.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by Government Secure Intranet (GSi)  virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.
On leaving the GSI this email was certified virus free.
The MessageLabs Anti Virus Service is the first managed service to achieve the CSIA Claims Tested Mark (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007), the UK Government quality mark initiative for information security products and services.  For more information about this please visit www.cctmark.gov.uk