Setting Env

Drew Jenkins drewjenkinsjr at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 12:21:28 UTC 2007

20I wrote the following script (with your help) to solve the problem I'm having with setting the MySQL environment and getting Zope up after the fact. I have saved this in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ If I run this after the machine reboots, all is well. If I simply let it run in the reboot sequence, it doesn't do it's job! The sleep command is to give the server a chance to finish all its other bootup sequences, since that appears to be the factor messing things up. But it doesn't work!! What can I do to tweak this to do what I need it to do?
TIA,
Drew

#!/bin/sh

sleep 60
if [ -n "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ] ; then
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/local/lib/mysql"
else
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib/mysql"
fi

cd /usr/local/zope/
./instance1/bin/zopectl stop
./instance1/bin/zopectl start