About root user rights

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Mar 7 21:30:51 UTC 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Halid Faith wrote:
> I am an admin for my bsdserver. That is, I can be root user. But
> There are 3 people who can be root user in the same server.  I have
> a directory. I want them not to enter that directory. if it be
> possible the server should ask one more password for that directory
> when anyone reaches there.
> Or let another user can reache there but let "Root user" not able
> to read there. Does it possible ?

Not easily, no-- by design, root has complete access to the system.
If you don't trust the other users, then they simply should not have
root access to the machine.

It's perhaps possible to create an encrypted file which you'd mount
via "mdconfig -t vnode -f _file_" once you've supplied another
password...

--
-Chuck