reprocess mails in sendmail

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Wed Mar 7 17:20:23 UTC 2007

Depending on the version of FreeBSD and the version of sendmail in that
version will determine how sendmail is started by default.  Look in
/etc/rc.conf and /etc/defaults/rc.conf for specific settings.

Typically sendmail will process queues on its own on a regular
interval.  No cron job required.

         -Derek

At 11:28 PM 3/6/2007, kk kumar wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Do you need to include specific commands to periodically process the queue
>with sendmail?  With sendmail I would explicitly (via cron) rerun queue
>processing every 30 minutes or so. Is there any better method to do this in
>sendmail itself. The reason for this question is that some of the mails
>which needs to be delivered to another mail server was not reachable and
>this mail was not processed for 4 days. but when i manually flush the queue
>i am able to send the mail to the RCPT mail server. Any fields i need to
>change in Sendmail for solving this problem.
>
>Regards
>Kiran Kumar
>
>--
>believed to be clean.