RAID5 degraded - system hangs

Michel, Dietmar Dietmar_Michel at bmc.com
Tue Mar 6 11:27:57 UTC 2007

You are right again ...
I just have a short discussion about the controller with promise support:
It is a software Raid Controller and WebPAM (The Promise Raid software) is the interface for building/resync etc.
This interface has some advanced feature but at least you can use a Linux SW-Raid ... (the xor calculation for RAID5 is done by the server anyway).

Over all with the technical background I have to redesign my personal goals.

  Dietmar