MySQL Startup Script

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Tue Mar 6 10:48:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:24:39 +1030
Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Monday,  5 March 2007 at 23:28:53 -0800, Drew Jenkins wrote:
> > I built MySQL 5.1 from port on FBSD 6.2. But it doesn't start up on
> > boot. There's a mysql-server script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ but if I
> > try and fire that up from the command line it doesn't start. What do
> > I need to do?
>
> You could start by saying how you invoked the script and what happened
> when you tried.  You should see:
>
>   # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start
>   Starting mysql.

Have you bothered to place the proper directive in the '/etc/rc,conf'
file; i.e.,

	MYSQL_ENABLE=yes

Otherwise, if you want to start it from the command line sans that
statement, you will have to use:

	/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server force

Check out the mysql script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d for further details.

--
Gerard

My mother loved children -- she would
have given anything if I had been one.