RAID5 degraded - system hangs

Michel, Dietmar Dietmar_Michel at bmc.com
Tue Mar 6 08:16:48 UTC 2007

The Promise Tx4310 has to be a HW raid controller - hopefully ;-))
But to get full access you have to have drivers to support this hardware.

In the ata man pages the controller (chip is PDC40719) is mentioned to be supported.
But not in the RAID5 mode - that´s my mistake.

I just was realy irritated for after buliding up and even after rebooting without errors the device ar0 named itself RAID5 ...

Maybe I used parts of new code which isn´t finished at all ....

Thanxs

  Dietmar