postfix and greylisting

Marcel de Reuver marcel at de.reuver.org
Mon Mar 5 20:57:08 UTC 2007

Dave wrote:
> I've set up greylisting with postgrey on postfix 2.3, on a 6.1
> machine. All seems to be working well, except my bank can't get
> through, and i'm wondering how to let them through, what file to edit
> the user or the recipient file?
perldoc postgrey

       Whitelists

       Whitelists allow you to specify client addresses or recipient
address,
       for which no greylisting should be done. Per default postgrey
will read
       the following files:

        /usr/local/etc/postfix/postgrey_whitelist_clients
        /usr/local/etc/postfix/postgrey_whitelist_clients.local
        /usr/local/etc/postfix/postgrey_whitelist_recipients

       You can specify alternative paths with the --whitelist-x options.

       Postgrey whitelists follow similar syntax rules as Postfix access
       tables.  The following can be specified for recipient addresses:

       domain.addr
                 "domain.addr" domain and subdomains.

       name@     "name at .*" and extended addresses "name+blabla at .*".

       name at domain.addr
                 "name at domain.addr" and extended addresses.

       /regexp/  anything that matches "regexp" (the full address is
matched).

       The following can be specified for client addresses:

       domain.addr
                 "domain.addr" domain and subdomains.

       IP1.IP2.IP3.IP4
                 IP address IP1.IP2.IP3.IP4. You can also leave off one num-
                 ber, in which case only the first specified numbers will be
                 checked.