Apache Rotate Logs and Log Rotate.

Peter Pluta peter at placidpublishing.net
Mon Mar 5 19:13:59 UTC 2007

Thanks, David. I had already configured it like that the first time
around after reading up on it a bit. Most articles/tips I have read say
to wait 10 minutes or so and then compress the logs with a shell script
in order to be sure Apache finished logging to the files. Another thing,
just to be sure. If I had 30 vhosts on my server and each had logs in
their home directory, I would still use newsyslog to rotate and delete
them, correct? I assume one needs tons of disk space to do that if the
sites are rather large.