Fetching sources from Windows?

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 18:39:28 UTC 2007

On 05/03/07, frzburn <frzburn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a slow Internet connection at home, and I would like to know if it is
> possible to fetch the STABLE sources from somewhere else (ex.: at work).
> What I want is to get the latest sources, like described in the handbook (
> http://www.ca.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/synching.html),
> even if it means downloading all of it, since there no way to diff with my
> current source...

Assuming you have fairly recent sources (6.2 or so),
csup, with compress in your supfile (or the -z flag), will
be faster than downloading and transferring*, even
with a 28.8 modem**.

* I know of no pre-packaged STABLE source archives,
short of downloading a snapshot .iso (which I am not
certain even exists for STABLE).

** Might not actually be true.