Backup procedure question / theory

Roger Olofsson raggen at passagen.se
Thu Mar 1 20:26:02 UTC 2007

Hello Dave,

May I suggest that you try rsync for this? For windows cwrsync works
fine as client for Windows XP. It's rather easy to setup and can be
triggered by the windows machine since it runs as a .bat or .cmd. For
FreeBSD rsync is in ports.

With some nifty scripting you can setup the FreeBSD side to rotate the
backups. There is a very good starting point for this at
http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/ .

Good luck!