ATA Issues Fixed?

Wil Hatfield freebsd at hyperconx.com
Thu Mar 1 00:00:19 UTC 2007

In 6.0 and early 6.1 I started having some major issues with fatals. After a new WD hard drive, new cables, etc and hearing of other issues I pretty much came to the conclusion there was a bug in the OS somewhere regarding how it was handling ATA drives and that it just hadn't been discovered yet.

Could any of you that were having those nasty ATA drive issues back then please tell me if you are pleased with 6.2 and whether those fatals went away?

Cheers,

Wil Hatfield