gimp grashing: "The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'."

Momchil Ivanov slogster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 20:49:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am running FreeBSD 6-STABLE as of Thu Jun 14 13:01:26 CEST 2007, Xorg 7.2
and the gimp-2.2.15,2 port. I am experiencing the following problem: When I
create/open a document then select the brush and click in the document window
gimp crashed with the following error

> space at a144026 gimp$ gimp
> The program 'gimp' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
>   (Details: serial 29816 error_code 3 request_code 39 minor_code 0)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.) space at a144026 gimp$
> (script-fu:32342): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read(): error

after starting gimp with --sync it crashes in the same way

> space at a144026 gimp$ gimp --sync
> The program 'gimp' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
>   (Details: serial 73867 error_code 3 request_code 39 minor_code 0)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.)
>
> (script-fu:32377): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read(): error

Does somebody else get the same error? Any ideas how can I fix this?

Thanks

--
PGP KeyID: 0x3118168B
Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu