Fwd: startx - client 1 rejected from local host

Jeff Roach roach.jeffrey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 19:16:48 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff Roach <roach.jeffrey at gmail.com>
Date: Jun 29, 2007 2:01 PM
Subject: startx - client 1 rejected from local host
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org

I started getting the following message when starting x as a user other than
root in freebsd 6.2 after installing vnc

AUDIT: [Mon Jul 15 14:45:38 2002: 369 XDarwin]: client 1 rejected from local
host
Xlib: No protocol specified

The part in brackets didn't come from my machine.  The message looked like
this otherwise.

I've tried to delete .Xauthority in my user directory but still the
problem.  After deleting .Xauthority I don't get the error message above but
still a black screen when starting x.

I also tried deinstalling vnc.

Thank you.