reconfiguring a port

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Thu Jun 28 15:24:47 UTC 2007

On Jun 27, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Scott Mayo wrote:

> I installed mailman with the port and am getting the following:
>

> Jun 27 12:50:09 test Mailman mail-wrapper: Group mismatch error.
> Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group
> "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as
> group "mailnull".

Are you using postfix or sendmail as your MTA.  And when you built
the port did you correctly specify which MTA to build for?

Also please provide (assuming default locations used from the port)

  ls -l /usr/local/mailman/data

this way we can see whether the various aliases files are the correct
owners.

> I installed the port with 'make install clean'.  How do I
> reconfigure it with the --with-mail-gid=mailnull?  I am not sure
> where to put the options when installing from a port since they are
> new to me.

The port is designed to pass the correct the setting for this to
mailman configure script.  It really is best to let the port
configuration do its job.

-j