Installing linux libraries not in /usr/ports

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Wed Jun 27 22:08:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:20:05 +1000 Norberto Meijome wrote:

> I'm testing the latest skype beta for linux from skype's site (1.4 ), ideally viewing to update the port while learning in the process.

> I've resolved all dependencies so far (listed after my sig), except for :

> libsigc-2.0.so.0 => not found

> I do have libsigc++ 2. installed in my system, but I believe I need the linux version , correct?

> Now, linux-libsigc doesn't exist in ports. I'm faced with 2 options:

> 1) installing libsigc from FC4 (the linux subsystem version I'm using) via RPM , but it seems only 1.5 has been packaged - i can't seem to find 2.0 anywhere.

Well, it really simple here, just use http://www.rpmfind.net . And
using "libsigc-2.0.so.0" as a search pattern will give you an
answer: it is an "extra" for FC4 (libsigc++20-2.0.17-1.i386.rpm).

And here is the link at kernel.org:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/extras/4/i386/libsigc++-1.2.7-2.fc4.i386.rpm

PS. Seems that you have missed an "extra" category while searching. ;-)

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve