MS exchange alternatives for FreeBSD

Stefan Lambrev cheffo at FreeBSD-BG.org
Tue Jun 26 20:55:19 UTC 2007

Oliver Peter wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 07:14:59PM +0300, Cheffo wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I have server running postfix + courier-imap, and I'm looking for
>> someway to add possibility to exchange calendars/contacts/meeting
>> invitations/etc between mail clients.
>>
>> Can someone recommend calendar, that is compatible with windows clients
>> and can be run under FreeBSD?
>>

> % cat /usr/ports/deskutils/sunbird/pkg-descr
> The Sunbird Project is a redesign of the Mozilla Calendar component. The goal
> is to produce a cross platform standalone calendar application based on
> Mozilla's XUL user interface language.
>
> WWW:    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html
>
> I like it :)
> But I'm not sure if you can exchange your inputs with other clients.

I think you can exchange mozilla's (sunbird/lightning) calendar using MS
exchange, zimbra and few other apps, but all that I found are not
working under freebsd.
And this is what I'm looking for - server that support iCal and will
allow mail clients (outlook, evolution & sunbird/lighnting) to exchange
their calendars.