patches for the 6.2-RELEASE kernel

Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez jlalarcon at gawab.com
Tue Jun 26 18:07:11 UTC 2007

Hi Folks.

I am FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE user. i'm learning FreeBSD.

Some times, i see people have a system named 6.2-RELEASE-pxx, where
xx is a number. I know that -pxx are security patches, or not only
security and too are patches for solve bugs?.

My dude is: is very convenient have upgraded the kernel to this
patches. I'm a home user, not a bussiness. Nothing "important"
depend on my system.

My second dude is: how is the "upgrade" process?, are there this patch
files in any concrete web site and the user must download it and apply?,
are there any "automatized" mechanism for get it?.

One last question, what is the number of the last patch applied?.

Thanks you very much, in advance.

Regards.

Jose.

--
http://www.lordofunix.org/

Not Registered GNU/Hurd User.
Registered BSD User 51101.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.