Verifying PHP support

Daniel Molina Wegener dmw at unete.cl
Tue Jun 26 15:49:53 UTC 2007

El Mar, 26 de Junio de 2007, 10:38, Darryl Hoar escribió:
> Greetings,
> I have a machine with 6.2 release installed on it.
> I have apache 1.3.37 installed and am using it
> for my personal website.   I want to install Gallery2
> for doing photo albums.  The pkg info in ports says
> it needs php support.   I did a pkg_info -a and did
> not see php installed on my system.  How should
> I add php support so that I can install Gallery2 ?

  Ok, it depends on which version of php do you want. I can't remember
exactly where is the port, but you can search for it on /usr/ports
and make search:

  # cd /usr/ports
  # make search name=php4
  # make search name=php5

  If the port is in lang

  # cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
  # make config install clean

  The php extensions are installed separatelly.

  If you want binary packages, look for the available package version
at the Makefile in the port directory and install with pkg_add:

  # pkg_add -r 'php5'

> thanks,
> Darryl

  Good luck...

> BTW, on a different machine a while ago, I tried
> installing php after the fact and had a bit of a
> mess on my hands, thus the question.
> [SNIP]

Regards,
--
 .O. | Daniel Molina Wegener   | C/C++ Developer
 ..O | dmw [at] unete [dot] cl | FOSS Coding Adict