[SOLVED] sendmail local problem...

Agus agus.262 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 22:04:18 UTC 2007

2007/6/19, Agus <agus.262 at gmail.com>:

> 2007/6/18, Jonathan Horne <freebsd at dfwlp.com>:
> >
> > On Monday 18 June 2007 09:57:27 Agus wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am having trouble with my mail....I only want it configured to
> > deliver
> > > locally, which in one of my bsd did it by default...but in this bsd i
> > am
> > > gettint messages deferred...
> > > Connection refused by himalaya.x.x which is my router. It seems like
> > > sendmail is trying to relay it to my router...but is local mail....
> > >
> > > any help will be great...
> > > my rc.conf doesnt mention sendmail...
> > > ps shows sendmail running...
> > > and messages to root for example get stuck in queue with deferred,
> > cant
> > > connect himalaya...
> > >
> > > thankss
> >
> > if you do a 'host [yourdomain]', what does it say your MX record
> > is.  you need
> > this server to be able to find "itself" as the MX for the domain,
> > internally.
> >
> > hth,
> > --
> > Jonathan Horne
> > http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org
> > freebsd at dfwlp.com
> >

> OK....I see where you are going...great tip, thank you very much....
> As i have dynamic IP i have zoneedit as my DNS and mail....
> How can i add myself as MX? can i do it in my bsd or i have to change my
> zoneedit records??
>
> Thanks again...

OK....thanks to Jonathan i started changing config and saw that /etc/hosts
had this:
127.0.0.1 localhost.my-domain.com
192.x.x.x machine.my-domain.com

So when i tried to send mails to localusers i got them stuck in queue with
deferred....

Now i changed my /etc/hosts to this:
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.x.x.x machine