Portsnap

tradigan at newrevolutions.net tradigan at newrevolutions.net
Tue Jun 19 15:50:41 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have just started using portsnap and I must say that I like it.. With
that said, I am noticing something here that maybe a configuration issue
on my end, but here is the deal:

I have a newly installed 6.2 box, and I ran portsnap fetch followed by
portsnap extract.. This updated the ports tree just fine..

Now, I know that /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade was moved to
/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade.  This is visible when you use CVSup to
update the ports tree (ie: /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade does not
exist).  However with portsnap, the /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade
directory still exists.  Is there a way to get portsnap to remove ports
that were removed and/or moved?