Keyspan P/N= USA-19QW (not recognized?)

Bill-Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Fri Jun 15 20:47:36 UTC 2007

At Fri, 15 Jun 2007 it looks like Wojciech Puchar composed:

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Bill-Schoolcraft wrote:
>
>> Hello Family,
>>
>> Just plugged in my "Keyspan" 19QW usb-2-serial adapter and not even
>> the USB link light activated...
>>

> nothing in dmesg?

Yes, actually "ugen0" but what worried me is that when I plug in
this device, it always "lit-up" (lights come on) to indicate the
device is getting a "link/power" light.

I had to reboot my laptop into linux to get access, the "link/power"
light came on immediately in both my Keyspan device and the the link
light in the USB cable itself.

It appears that the USB port did not even give "power" to the
device, kind of felt like a lower level hardware issue if you get my
drift...

--
   Bill Schoolcraft <*> http://wiliweld.com

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday,
     lying in hospitals dying of nothing."
                 -- Redd Foxx