nvidia driver on amd64

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Thu Jun 14 18:50:53 UTC 2007

Garrett Cooper <youshi10 at u.washington.edu> writes:

> Since you're not willing to do the research, I'll give you the
> reader's digest version. nVidia's waiting on FreeBSD to implement
> key features in the kernel in order to properly support the amd64
> and i386 + PAE platforms, because memory mapping and access isn't
> there yet in the FreeBSD kernel.
>
> Does that satisfy you?

I should have read the articles first. Lack of time due to daytime
job. Thought a quick reply could do. That was wrong. I wrote to
quickly. I can seet aht now. However, I _was_ willing to to the
research when I had the time (it's almost weekend). So you're
right. It's not nVidia, but a FreeBSD kernel problem.

> Read the archives in ports@, hackers@, and current@ over the past
> couple months to discover more details.

Will do.

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ http://nagual.nl/ + Solaris 11 05/07 ++