FreeBSD 6.2 Repeating Crash - Sleeping thread; Fatal trap 12: page fault; warning: 'T2' might be used uninitialized

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed Jun 13 16:52:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:38:19 -0400
"Worth Bishop" <wbishop at twosensemedia.com> wrote:

> Addendum: For what it's worth, the 250Gb Samsung drive was added when the
> system was upgraded - it's only 3-4 months old.

Worth,
that doesnt mean much - drives can (and do) fail anyway. I suggest you run
smartctl ( sysutils/smartmontools ) to run tests on your drive and ensure you
don't have any actual problems with it

btw, you don't mention from what version you had upgraded to 6.1. Did you do a
full world upgrade as well as kernel?

from your previous email, you ended up having some kernel build problems.
1) it is good practise to rename your kernel file (and ident line inside it)
from GENERIC once you've modified it. It makes it obvious to see whether you
are truly running the same GENERIC as everyone else.

2) make sure you have the latest and proper code for your line of src you need
(eg, -STABLE , or RELEASE-p5 ,etc). You should use cvsup for this. If you need
them, the default config files are in /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ .

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

  Sam Brown

Warned.