Spamassassin RBL's

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Jun 12 09:54:25 UTC 2007

> IMHO mail gateway isn't the point of checking whether machines inside
> are virus free or not. There should be other practises used on
> workstations ensuring that the inside environment is virus free at any
> given moment.

There should be. But there are also users that decide to use their own
XYZ anti virus because their uncle told them it is better than the one
choosen by the professionals in charge of the system. That is why
outgoing mail gateway is a good place to check that inside machines
are not infected.

I once got my email outgoing gateway inform me that some user had his
machine infected, he had an antivirus, but was one week late for
update... At least my outgoing mail gateway, I have control on it and
the antiviruses are updated every 2 hours :)

Security is better design by adding several layer of checking. At
least IMHO too :)

Bests,

olivier