procmailrc configuration fails

dhaneshk k dhaneshkk at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:07:16 UTC 2007

THis is Dhanesh , Here I have to configure a       .procmailrc     file in
order to control spams in  the mail system

I had a few mailing lists ,  and I can send mails to these lists from my
personal mail id ,

in  /etc/aliases  tther is an entry  for these lists as
mylists : list1,list2,list3 etc

but I have to block spams ,so I editted this entry as follows  in
/etc/aliases

mylists:spamassassin

and I executed  #newaliases

and  in /home/spamassassin   I created a file  .procmailrc  as follows (I
changed the ownership as spamassassin:spamassassin to  .procmailrc and chmod
-R 777 to procmailrc )

# ee /home/spamassassin/.procmailrc
:0
^TOmylists
{
    :0 c
    ! list1 at mydomain
    :0 c
    ! list2 at mydomain
}

But when ever I tried to send mails from my account to  mylists at mydomain  ,
its not delivering the mails to receipients (before configuring procmailrc
its working fine but spams are coming along with this so I decided to use
procmail rc )

I tried this alos

I tried to configure the  /usr/local/etc/procmailrc file also the same  way
, but its also not sending the mails to the receipients in the lists...

tail  /var/log/mailog   tells that the messages forwarded to Maildir
directory , all the mails are ther in  /home/spamassassin/Maildir   but its
not deliverd to the client ids ..

So let me request you to help me what mistake i made while doing this .Any
suggestion will help me alot to solve this issue ..

thanks in advance
dhanesh