Spamassassin RBL's

Mikhail Goriachev mikhailg at webanoide.org
Sun Jun 10 16:55:47 UTC 2007

Peter Pluta wrote:
> How can I enable spamassasssin RBL's. I'm running FreeBSD 6.1, postfix,
> amavisd-new, and spamassassin with razor. I'm getting many spams that
> shouldn't be getting thru with RBL's. I havent been able to find anything
> useful on Google that can explain how to get RBL working with spamassassin.
> Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

RBL is already enabled in SA. Probably you should increase the values SA
assigns to RBL checks. See:

http://www.spamhaus.org/effective_filtering.html

Skim through:

/usr/local/share/spamassassin/20_dnsbl_tests.cf

Just a thought. You may consider implementing RBL at MTA level (postfix
in your case). It is a lot faster then processing through SA, which is a
resource hog.

Regards,
Mikhail.

--