Xorg problem 6.9 >> 7.2

Manolis Kiagias sonicy at otenet.gr
Sat Jun 9 06:20:29 UTC 2007

David Southwell wrote:
> On Friday 08 June 2007 07:07:03 [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
>
>> Bernt Hansson wrote:

>>> What paths did you have in mind? I regenerated the xorg.conf file after
>>> upgrading.
>>>
>> Setting
>>
>> ModulePath "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules"
>>
>> is the most important one.
>>
> I have just completed a portupgrade to 7.2 but have not yet restarted the
> server.  How do I "regenerate" xorg.conf?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> david

Try running X -configure as root. This will generate an xorg.conf.new
file in /root and you can test it by running X -config /root/xorg.conf.new
If it works you can then copy it to /etc/X11 and make any other
necessary changes. Having upgraded myself, I found I did not need to
regenerate the conf, just make the changes suggested in UPDATING like
the ModulePath stated above.