Error Updating XFree86-4-Libraries

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Fri Jun 8 04:49:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:20:15PM +1000, Warren Liddell wrote:
> Running FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE - CVSUP ran approx 12 hrs ago ... this is
> one of 99 port packages that fail.  Any assistance as to whats
> happening would be appreciated.

XFree86 4.x has been completely untested since the X.org 7.x upgrade
since we couldn't find anyone to help with it.  Thus, it is very
likely to be broken.  In fact it is planned to remove XFree86 from the
ports collection in the near future because the project is not showing
signs of life, and more importantly no-one in the FreeBSD community
has volunteered to keep the ports alive and healthy.

You should plan to switch to X.org instead.

Kris