Web proxy that can cache cookies and rescale images

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Thu Jun 7 14:45:04 UTC 2007

I bought a Nintendo DS Browser (Opera 8.5) recently, and it's really slick
little device.  However, it has one glaring issue: it won't store passwords
or cookies across boots so you have to manually log in to every web site
each time you turn it on.  So, this makes me wonder if there's any kind of
web proxy I could install on my FreeBSD server that would cache and re-send
cookies.

Basically, the idea is that the proxy would have it's own local cookie
storage and would re-send any for a domain that the browser itself isn't
sending.  For example, if "sess_id=12345" is set for .example.com, and the
browser requests

    GET /index.html HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.example.com
    Cookie: foo=bar

then the proxy would change that to:

    GET /index.html HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.example.com
    Cookie: foo=bar; sess_id=12345

As a given, it'd also have to support some kind of authentication so that a
given user only gets their own cookies.

Does such a thing exist?  Please help me.  I'm getting hand cramps from
pecking out the same logins every time I turn the thing on.
--
Kirk Strauser