SMTP stupid question

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Thu Jun 7 09:58:32 UTC 2007

Hi all

Well I've very classic question but google/mail-archive don't give me a
answer.

I want to configure a FreeBSD box without sendmail-daemon but I want all
all mail sent to my smtp-server.

For that I put

sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="YES"

I'm change in my

	/etc/mail/freebsd.submit.mc

the ligne

	FEATURE(`msp', `[the_adresse_of_my_smtp_server]')dnl

use make;make install to build the good sendmail.cf

But I think that's not a good solution. Because :

	1/ It's work only for root (I'v got a message about permission when
	I try to send a email when I'm not root)

	2/ My smtp-server try to re-send to me the email to root (example
	for cron message etc. is send to root at my_host_name).

I forget to tell I'm not controling the smtp-server.

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH
Observatoire de Paris Meudon