bsdsar Interface Errors

Y Sidhu ysidhu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 17:05:38 UTC 2007

I have 2 interfaces on the machine and only one is showing these errors.
BTW, that interface is in promiscuous mode, the other is not.
"bsdsar -i" shows "In Errors" on the order of 0.05%
"bsdsar -I" shows "In Errs/s" on the order of 0.05%

I am on:
FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE
bsdsar v1.10 - Eric Anderson

Questions:
-  Are these interface errors or errors the interface is seeing on the wire?

-  regardless of where the errors are generated, do I need to worry about
them since they are only 0.05% of the incoming packets?
-  Why is there NO information about this utility on the net?

--
Yudhvir Singh Sidhu
408 375 3134 cell