rdesktop: segmentation fault under xorg 7.2

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Tue Jun 5 19:22:46 UTC 2007

  Hello All,

I have just upgraded my FreeBSD ports.

uname -a output:

FreeBSD cassiopeia.ronet 6.2-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p1 #4: Sat
Feb 17 16:56:53 CET 2007
gandalf at cassiopeia.ronet:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CASSIOPEIA  i386

The ports tree was updated about three days ago. The newly updated
rdesktop application exits with "segmentation fault (core dumped)". I
also tried to install an older version from source (rdesktop 1.4.1) and
had the same result. Finally, I tried to run rdesktop but send its
output to a different machine (Ubuntu Feisty). It worked perfectly.

So I believe that the problem is with the new xorg version, not
rdesktop. I'm not 100% sure. Do you have the same problem? Is there a
solution for this?

BTW, as a workaround, I'm using an open source java based RDP
implementation and it works.

Best,

   Laszlo