usb keyboard on dell precision 690

Joshua Frugé joshuafruge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:45:27 UTC 2007

Trying to install freebsd6.2 using a usb keyboard on a dell precision 690.
When I get into sysinstall the keyboard no longer works.  Did some
googling... there is no option in the bios for legacy usb keyboard or
anything like that,  unplugging and replugging/rearranging usb devices did
not work, and entering set hint.atkbd.0.disabled="1" in the loader prompt
does not work.  I believe the issue to be that a false non usb keyboard is
detected, as the loading messages display an at keyboard device.  Any idea
on how I can install freebsd 6.2(amd64) with a usb keyboard?

Thanks,
Joshua