See output of local xterm session on remote ssh session.

Paul Fraser pfraser at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 11:45:01 UTC 2007

On 6/2/07, Jeremy Gransden <jeremy.gransden at gmail.com> wrote:
> how
> can I then connect to it from my laptop and see the output of that process
> via the ssh session?

A very popular solution is screen (sysutils/screen). Run a screen
session, then you can share the session from any number of clients, or
attach/detach at will. Quite good if, for example you're running a
process (within a screen session, of course!) in an xterm, and you
want to restart X. Simply detach the screen session, restart X, then
reattach screen to your xterm.

--
Regards,

Paul Fraser