kill .Trash

deeptech71 at gmail.com deeptech71 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 22:09:03 UTC 2007

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> --On Friday, June 01, 2007 21:32:55 +0200 deeptech71 at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Paul Schmehl wrote:

>>> KDE Control Center/File Manager/Behavior/Ask Confirmation For - uncheck
>>>

>> That's just a confirmation. I prefer to press DEL, then ENTER to delete a
>> file, SHIFT+DEL isn't so good. Disabling a confirmation does not disable
>> the Trash thing. You accidentally forget to press SHIFT with DEL, and KDE
>> starts moving a 12GB file from one partition to my home partition (oh and
>> it has a 1G capacity). The hack disables writing to the Trash.
>>
>> How to disable the Move to Trash capability?
>
> That seems a bit different question than your original one.
>
> KDE Control Center/File Manager/Behavior/Show 'Delete' context entries
> which bypass the trashcan?
>
> rm .trash; ln -s /dev/null .trash?

Misunderstood. Ultimately I want to patch KDE, so that the word trash has no
meaning, such as removing the trash:/ location, and so on. Just to give a
feeling that I'm in control of my machine. I hate crappy software, or parts of
good software that are crap (useless in this case).

I said I wasn't a newbie: I had spent a considerable time to go through all
settings. Everything is tweaked to my liking (only as much as possible).

Hmm, good hack. Unfortunately, .trash isn't real, trash.desktop is a 'KDE link'
to the KDE trash:/ location, if I'm right. I'll try anyway.

THX, btw.