updating multiple freebsd desktops

Andrew Gould andrewgould at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 13:55:23 UTC 2007

Here are some ideas to get you started:

1.  Maintain one server and access it remotely using X Window or vnc.

2.  Use portupgrade on each with the options to upgrade ports using
     binaries from the internet.

3.  Maintain one server and use pkg_create to create binary packages of
     all installed ports.

4.  Take a look at PCBSD, which is FreeBSD preconfigured as a desktop
     and with additional, user-friendly features.
     http://www.pcbsd.org.

Good luck,

Andrew