Binding dhclient to a particular network interface

Jasvinder S. Bahra bbdl21548 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 20:14:26 UTC 2007

Chuck,

I gave this a shot, but this stopped the interface being assigned an IP
address at all (i.e... before the change, the interface had a valid IP
address assigned by the DHCP server in my cable modem, but after making the
change and restarting, the "ifconfig" command shows the interface having an
IP address of 0.0.0.0).

I do agree though - the man page explicitly says that this should work.

Oh, and i'm absolutely sure that the interface is configured to use DHCP.
i.e...

------ /etc/rc.conf snippet -------------------
network_interfaces="ed1 ed2 lo0"
ifconfig_ed1="DHCP"
ifconfig_ed2="inet 10.1.0.1  netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1"

I added the dhclient_flags line you suggested, after the ifconfig_lo0 line
shown above, though as far as I know the order does not matter.  Thanks for
the suggestion though.

Anyone have anymore ideas?

Regards,

Jazz