Downgrading from current

Ross Penner ross.penner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 02:10:22 UTC 2007

I recently upgraded my system from stable to current to try and take
advantage of some of wireless features offered. Unfortunetly, things
didn't work out as well as I'd like to and I want to downgrade.

Reading online, it seems that downgrading isn't supported and it's
probably best to just reinstall the system. This seems reasonable enough
to me but I have a couple problems I need to address first.

I have a lot of data on my /usr partition that I would rather not have to
backup and then readd to the system. is there a way I can reinstall and
leave parts of the file system intact? I assume that I can use the same
partitions but I'm worried that reinstalling will clean the partitions.

--
sig ho!