Remote Execution of sudo Command Hangs.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Sat Jul 28 12:58:05 UTC 2007

"Christian Walther" writes:
> Try using "pseudo tty allocation" with your ssh command, it's the "-t"
> option.
> So, use "ssh -t remote.system.domain sudo dhcpreset" as the command.

That worked perfectly.

> If this doesn't work directly, you can even try several "t"s. I had
> best results with -ttt.

	This is great to know. The only difference besides the
fact it now works is that one sees a closed-connection message
like what you see when you ssh to another system and spawn a
shell because that seizes tty's also.

	It just hadn't occurred to me before that you don't
seize a tty on the remote system when you remotely run an ssh
command.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer