Can't burn cds

Vince jhary at unsane.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 12:53:33 UTC 2007

Sam Lawrance wrote:

> On 27/07/2007, at 12:35 PM, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>
>> --On July 26, 2007 5:59:01 PM -0500 Josh Paetzel <josh at tcbug.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> camcontrol isn't going to know anything about IDE devices, it only
>>> knows about SCSI.
>>>
>> So why does it show the first cd, which is also ide?
>
> The device listed by camcontrol seems to be an external hard drive.
>
> That said, I think it's possible for camcontrol to talk to IDE devices
> via atapicam.

according to
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-cds.html
if you dont want to use burncd for burning CDROMSs you need to use
atapicam (section 18.6.9)

either kldload atapicam
or
add the following line to the /boot/loader.conf file:

atapicam_load="YES"

then, reboot your machine.

As root, you can run the following command to get the SCSI address of
the burner:

# camcontrol devlist

This didnt work for me last time I tried for some reason but I usually
just use burncd anyway.

Vince