Can't burn cds

Pollywog lists-fbsd at shadypond.com
Fri Jul 27 02:07:53 UTC 2007

I had trouble getting CD burning to work, but the FreeBSD Handbook had the
info I needed to get it to work.  I had to modify my fstab and in order to
use k3b, I had to mount the CD on the command line first.  It won't work if
the CD is not mounted first, it's not as easy as it is in Linux, but it
works.

The pertinent sections of my fstab:

/dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
/dev/cd0  /usr/home/pollywog/cdrom  cd9660  ro,noauto,nodev,nosuid  0  0

I also had to add myself (my username) to the operator group.  To make it more
convenient, I added an alias in my ~/.bash_aliases:

alias mountcd='mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 ~/cdrom'