trouble with php4, apache, egroupware, memory allocation

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Jul 26 09:43:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 22:10:24 -0700 (PDT)
Mark Busby <redtick at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I'm running apache-1.3.37_4, php4-4.4.7, and eGroupWare-1.2.106_1.
>   Apache error file is returning the following error when trying to access the calendar.
>   PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 23040 bytes) I've searched but have not found a working fix.
>   Any Ideas??

You have 16 MB of memory per PHP process/script allowed in php.ini. Change the memory_limit setting in /usr/local/etc/php.ini . If the file doesn't exist, copy the default distribution one as php.ini.

You can choose /usr/local/etc/php.ini-recommended for production sites, or

/usr/local/etc/php.ini-dist for a default which is not really that good.

You can set your PHP settings with a simple php script with the following content :

<?
phpinfo();
?>

Good luck,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Have the courage to take your own thoughts
seriously, for they will shape you."
   Albert Einstein