kernel: interrupt storm detected on "irq11:"; throttling interrupt source

Momchil Ivanov idiotbg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 14:24:42 UTC 2007

Hi,

I bought recently wireless PCMCIA card with atheros chip. When it`s not
connected to my access point (ap down, or I just brought the card up and
didn`t tell it to which SSID to connect) I often see

kernel: interrupt storm detected on "irq11:"; throttling interrupt source

and my system freezes for some seconds. Is there some way I can avoid this?

--
PGP KeyID: 0x3118168B
Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu