apply a patch in Freebsd

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Jul 25 14:12:24 UTC 2007

"Caio Figueiredo Abecia" <caioabecia at yahoo.com.br> writes:

> I have the Freebsd 6.2 version.
> I got a problem installing from my DVD ROM drive, and I found a patch
> in http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/111084 .
> I wonder if I could try this patch to solve my problem.
> What may I do to get a FreeBSD with this patch working?
> I need get the source package ? What more?
>
> Could someone please give me some help?

Yes, you will need the full sources.  You will need to build the
"world" for this.

Once you have the sources (by any of the normal methods; see the
Handbook if you don't already know how to get them), the procedure
will be roughly
 cd /usr/src ; patch < /path/to/patch-file
before starting the buildworld (which is also described in the
Handbook should you be unacquainted with the process).