install freebsd problem x window

Boudjema hacenesamya at free.fr
Mon Jul 23 18:38:40 UTC 2007

oug wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Boudjema wrote:
>
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> Please excuses,
>> my english is bad, so i will explain in french my problem if this is
>> not understood;
>> i have a problem to install x window. my hope is to install kde. but
>> without x, i am stopped; when i do pkg_add -r xorg, the response is:
>> xorg 6.9is already installed or it's old version. when i do with   cd
>> /usr/ports/X11/xorg && make install clean: i have this reponse:
>> error code 1, /usr/local/libdata/xorg/libraries not found in
>> /usr/ports/xorg-libraries.
>> other big problem because i have had this response at lot off
>> attemptings: /usr/X11R6/ exists but is not a symlink. I have
>> understoot in bad english that in the new versions , this file
>> /usr/X11R6 must be only a symlink.
>> what i must do to updtate and make all the corrections for all the
>> ports?
>> i think that there is a problem with a few of my ports, i can delete
>> all the ports and install them in new ? like this i will have a
>> system clean.
>> thin you.
>> what is error code 1? can i install all x window systeme? with
>> sysinstall lot of packages are not installed: errors and failed are
>> returned.
>> I have read the manual in french in first.
>> My version is 6.2
>> Areski Boudjema  Nanterre France
>>
> It does sound like xorg 6.9 is installed. You can tell by doing
>
>    pkg_info | less
>
> as root. If you see something like
>
>    xorg-6.9.0          X.Org distribution metaport
>    xorg-clients-6.9.0_3 X client programs and related files from X.Org
>    xorg-documents-6.9.0 Documentation of X11 protocol and libraries
> from X.Org
>    xorg-fonts-100dpi-6.9.0_1 X.Org 100dpi bitmap fonts
>    xorg-fonts-75dpi-6.9.0_1 X.Org 75dpi bitmap fonts
>    xorg-fonts-cyrillic-6.9.0_1 X.Org Cyrillic bitmap fonts
>    xorg-fonts-encodings-6.9.0_1 X.Org font encoding files
>    xorg-fonts-miscbitmaps-6.9.0_1 X.Org miscellaneous bitmap fonts
>    xorg-fonts-truetype-6.9.0 X.Org TrueType fonts
>    xorg-fonts-type1-6.9.0 X.Org Type1 fonts
>    xorg-fontserver-6.9.0_1 X font server from X.Org
>    xorg-libraries-6.9.0_1 X11 libraries and headers from X.Org
>    xorg-manpages-6.9.0 X.Org library manual pages
>    xorg-nestserver-6.9.0_1 Nesting X server from X.Org
>    xorg-printserver-6.9.0_2 X Print server from X.Org
>    xorg-server-6.9.0_6 X.Org X server and related programs
>    xorg-vfbserver-6.9.0_2 X virtual framebuffer server from X.Org
>    xterm-225           Terminal emulator for the X Window System
>
> then you have xorg installed. If xorg-6.9 is installed there is no
> need to upgrade to 7.2 unless 6.9 does not work on your hardware.
>
> If you also installed kde from the installation CD you will see
> something like:
>
>   kde-3.5.6           The "meta-port" for KDE
>
> followed by a bunch of lines starting with kde.

> [...]
Re-bonjour,
after my first mail, i have as always looked for find the solution by my
self. i vorked with cvsup and portmanager, in order to update and
rebuilt all X11, xorg and their dependancies; i have
worked with portmanager -u. Cvsup. In the end, i have done:
portmanager /usr/Ports/X11/ -f -l.
pkgdb -F  /usr/ports/x11/xorg
Now i have the version 7.02 of xorg. when i do Xorg -config
/root/xorg.config, i have as response: could not read default font
fixed. what does it mean? what i must do?
i have choosed in xorg.conf.new: modes 1024x768, defaultdepht 24;
note that the new version of xorg recognise my driver, the 6.09 version
did n't do that,  i was in vesa not nvidia driver.
thak you;
In few minits, i will do your proposition.