freebsd6.2Release shutdown problem

Zhang hw zhhw210095 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 03:25:04 UTC 2007

I have upgraded my FreeBSD from 6.1 to 6.2-RELEASE-p6, and my xorg if update
to version 7.2, the wm is fvwm2.4. Every time after I have been working in
the fvwm environment and quited to the console, input shutdown -p now , the
console return me the  final message:
"Automatic reboot in 15seconds press a key on the console to reboot
Press a key on the console to reboot or switch off the system now"
What should I do then? should I took off the computer power then? Or allow
it reboot automatic? If it reboot automaticly to a console and input
"shutdown -p now" immediately without any other operate, the system will
shut off crrectly include taking off the power.
Who can tell me how to deal with this problem ?
Thanks!