freebsd-update question

n j nino80 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:46:53 UTC 2007

Hello,

while updating my FreeBSD box, freebsd-update reported:

Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 1 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature from update1.FreeBSD.org... done.
No updates needed to update system to 6.2-RELEASE-p6.

However, uname -a reveals:

FreeBSD my.hostname.here 6.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p4 #0: Thu
Apr 26 17:55:55 UTC 2007
root at i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP  i386

which suggests that my system is still running 6.2-RELEASE-p4, not
6.2-RELEASE-p6 that I guess it should be running. The box was rebooted
a couple of times, but still reports the same.

My question: am I reading something wrong here or is there a problem
with freebsd-update? More specifically, is the problem that the system
is running SMP?

Thanks for any input!

--
Nino